Pages

July 26, 2009

Teardrops Inspiration: Letting Go


Sometimes, we have to let go of people, situations, a bad investment, bad habits, even our dreams if they’re not in alignment with our purpose. It’s not easy and it’s definitely a process that I’ve went through hundreds of times. However, it’s something we must learn to do in order to move forward in our lives. Also, in regards to people, it’s required that we forgive… so God can forgive us.

I wrote Teardrops when I realized I had let go of a dream. It’s a good dream, and I believe God-sent, but the timing just isn’t right. I knew I had let go, because I am able to do things for the people involved without any ill feelings or emotions. I am free to love and support with hopes for the best.

Teardrops captures the seasons and emotions we experience in the process of letting go. Realistically, there are some other phases, and we may bounce back and forth before obtaining a sense of freedom. The first two seasons (stanzas) are severe Sadness and Anger which are common, but unhealthy. I used to hate the emotional part, crying and carrying on, feeling gloomy with no motivation. Plus, I felt like a wimp. If and when you go through these stages, make them short-lived. Don’t get stuck in them. The final two stages are Healing and Freedom, finally… letting go! You can tell when you’ve let go when the person or thing doesn’t consume your mind and you can be happy for them.

Is there something or someone hindering your purpose? Perhaps, it's time to... let go. Face your fears and let God fill the empty space. If it's meant for you to have, it will come back to you... in His time.

In an effort to shorten the length of my posts, I’ve only posted a condensed version of this inspiration. The full writing goes into depth about the seasons, includes my personal testimonies, addresses letting go of relationships and answers questions like "Why you do I have to let go?", “Why is letting go so hard to do?” and “How do I let go?” If you’d like the full version, please befriend me on Google (lower right), FaceBook or Twitter and send me a message. I will add you to my mailing list and send it to you.

In the meantime, enjoy Teardrops!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Care to share your thoughts?